I’m researching this lens as a possible indoor-sport lens that is compact and inexpensive, and can play at least one other role (long normal, portrait). I haven’t been looking for long and I can already say that it has garnered quite a bit of respect. For $900 it looks like there is a lot of value here.
MTF chart and links after the jump...
- DXO mark lens results on 5D Mk-II
- SLR Gear review
- Wedding photographer review #1
- Wedding photographer review #2, comparison to 85L
- Other photographer, link to comparison to Sigma 50
- DC Watch comments (robo-translated), or original Japanese
- DigitalRev video review
- DigitalRev video comparison to 85D
- Flickr group pool
- B&H Canon & Nikon
I'm sufficiently impressed that I think there is more to come from this site on the subject. I'll see if Roger at LensRentals is interested in getting a review of this one from me.